Saturday, January 26, 2013

Winter.....not soon enough!

Days turned into months (skip the weeks!) very quickly as fall began last year.  A torrent of work and other "opportunities" took my time and truly made it a fleeting glance experience.  With the start of the New Year, I have been determined to spend some time with things I truly want to give attention--like family, knitting, reading....and soon I hope, more writing.  One interesting result was this happy little giraffe, who turned out a bit larger than I think either I or my granddaughter expected. He's from Susan Anderson's "Itty-bitty Toys"--a great book with fun pieces.  I changed the horns and mane a bit from the original pattern, but the pattern is easy to work up.

The gloves are a "me" gift, and I have to laugh at this experience with using such interesting yarn from it's "Keltic" from Berroco. The two gloves initially look like they've been made in two different colourways, but I swear they are the same skein....just that lovely twist in tones and hues that are barely seen from one glove (the darker) to the next. Interesting!

And a fun little project was this little owl who became a quick posted gift to my sister who was in the throes of coursework in a graduate class.....having just been that road, I knew she could use a bit of a laugh and tangible hug, so this fellow did the job and was so much fun to knit!

Our mountains are covered with a nice bit of snow, but I'll have to say I've been disappointed that there isn't more--makes me jealous of places like Canada and Norway, but then the snow is probably always brighter across the fence!  The dusting we have will have to suffice for now....and I have to balance work and this other creative bent, so there we go--another resolution I suppose!  It's Saturday, though, and a rare one in that we are not on the road to family somewhere.  My bag holds several projects, so I'm going to continue to play a bit and get some of those things closer to finished!  If it would just snow a bit more.......

No comments:

Post a Comment